Emotional Integration (by applying) Integral Presence.
The general practice of IP already contains a natural integration of the highest possible emotional intelligence which comes through alignment with the Core Being. In particular cases or moments, it can be useful to practice emotional fitness to waken up or liberate our emotional container, and sometimes when emotions become very painful, blocked, or overwhelming, it is useful to do a process around them.
This section describes how the general practice of IP favors emotional freedom and integration and how it can enhance emotional fitness and emotional process work.
- IP-1: Mindfulness helps us to give more awareness in general, so also about our emotional state in the present moment. Sustained mindfulness helps to create space in and around the emotion and fosters harmonious integration of the emotion.
- IP-2: centering helps us to walk the benign middle road of welcoming the emotion completely in healthy benevolent proportion avoiding the dualistic extremes of suppressing emotions from the one hand and exaggerating or being overpowered by emotions from the other hand
- IP-2: grounding helps us access a deeper power that can welcome and contain any emotion we have at whatever intensity. The power of grounding alignment is a deeper, and therefore stronger, power than the power of emotion. This deeper tranquil power is essential to master emotions instead of being overpowered by emotion.
- IP-3: breathing is always good for the physical integration of emotions
- fear provokes shallow agitated breathing … inviting long, deep breaths has a reassuring quality. No fear survives 4 minutes of quality breathing.
- sadness provokes shallow, inhibited breath … inviting gentle deeper breaths helps to move forward instead of getting stuck in the emotion
- anger can provoke hostility … taking 5 or 10 deep breaths before saying anything or acting out, can prevent physical, psychological, and relational hurt
- surprise can arrest the breath for a moment … simply coming back to normal breathing
- disgust narrow the breathing … simply coming back to normal breathing
- joy opens the breath … en-joy ☺️
- IP-4: it is important to live the emotion all the way through, in the physical body to avoid becoming too mental about it. Excessive analytical scrutiny risks to make emotions lock up, turn in circles, or generate secondary emotions on top of primary emotions.
- fear freezes or even paralyzes the body … so moving, shaking, or even trembling, can dynamize the body again
- disgust contracts the body … shaking helps to bring fluidity into the body again
- anger can be very intense … moving the body, taking deep breaths, going for a walk, do sports, scream to a wall, hit a pillow … are examples of finding expression or discharge for the intensity of the emotion
- surprise can freeze or startle the body for a moment … taking a few deep breaths and loosening up the body and joint brings balance and fluidity again
- sadness can deplete one’s vitality … softly breathing through the emotion with sensitivity can avoid getting stuck in depression and help to move forward into a dignifying repair of loss or damage
- joy is at its best when it is lived in the body … expressing it in facial expression, tonality in the voice, tonus of the body posture, relaxation in the joints, fluidity in movement, smile, and gracious sparkles in the eyes
- IP-5: emotional integration is part of the larger spectrum of IP-5…
- in mind integration, the emotions find their harmonious collaboration and their balanced proportion in relationship to “will” and “reason”
- in need integration, we learn to use the emotion to our benefit by unveiling the true need that the emotion is signaling to take care of
- in psycho-spiritual integration we harvest the full potential of emotions to come up with healing insights about our wounds, obstacles, and erroneous beliefs and to deliver us the propelling power towards wholeness
- IP-10: strengthening, clearing, and balancing our 2nd subtle energy body bring intimate emotional freedom and balance. The same activity in our 4th energy body brings clarity and freedom in our social emotions as well as empathic confidence while being in contact with others. Activating the 6th subtle energy body uplifts the 4th and 2nd subtle energy body towards the most positive and joyful emotions accessible
- IP-12: opening the central energy channel (CEC) generates emotional freedom and strength. Strengthening the CEC shapes up our emotional container so we can handle intense emotions safely, confidently and intelligently.